Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Saturday, August 11, 2007

This and That

Seems like I have alot of unfinished business. Here is a wrap-up:

I will be changing schools as of the first of the year. No Accounting II next quarter, so I will be done at the current school in about 5 weeks. I'm pretty sure I will be changing to DSU because they have a great Accounting program, but I'm going to also meet with UND.

Tb got moved to "the farm" this week. I went out to see him last night. It is way nicer than the pen. No gates to go through, no metal detector, no shoe x-rays. The farm is very minimum security. There are no fences and inmates have been known to just walk away....but they get caught and then have to go back to the pen, so it's pretty stupid to do that. But then who ever said that criminals are smart?

He has a parole hearing date scheduled for November. So he could be out for Christmas, depending on his treatment schedule.

The farm has a nice visiting area, we can even go outside and sit at picnic tables. And, they have "food service". You can buy frozen pizzas, hot pockets, ice cream, etc.....Pretty neat deal. So Tb calls me and invites me to dinner. I was going out last night to see him, so we decided to have a frozen pizza during the visit. Well, they do have ovens so you can cook it and not have to eat it frozen....anyway....we got a pizza and a quart of ice cream. He cooked the pizza, went over to get it out of the pizza oven and dropped it on the floor. So, we had ice cream for supper. He has pizza sauce all over his shoes and his pants. We'll try again next week.

Raging Rivers was a ton of fun!! I think the kids even had a good time!! I ended up a bit sunburnt and sore the next day, but would definitely do it again. I loved the lazy river...you just float around on inner tubes for as long as you want --- watch out for the waves though! That was probably the funnest part. Although BigD was terrified of the waves!! But he did good and I think he had a good time in spite of the waves.

I did get to talk to J-Bird - but we weren't able to get together....bummer....sure was good to hear his voice though! (hi J-Bird)

Well, my computer is acting stupid, so I have to go now....

1 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

I can't tell you how many times I've had ice cream for dinner (on purpose!)

Sounds like a nice visit.
xx
pinks

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home