Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Another Month, Another Project

How the heck did it get to be August already? Today is the ex-husband's birthday. Whoop-dee-do. I know several people with birthdays this week, and the funny thing is...I don't get along with any of them...weird-huh?

My August self-improvement project is this: I'm not buying anything new. Nothing. I can only buy things I need. And right now, I don't need much. So, until I completely run out of something, I won't buy it. I have so many partially used bottles of stuff that I can't seem to throw away. You know, you try a new hair gel, it's okay, but not as good as the usual stuff....so you buy a new bottle of the usual stuff and the new stuff gets shoved in the closet. I need to get rid of some of this shit.

I have enough food in my freezer and my cupboard that I shouldn't have to buy any groceries except milk and fresh produce. Just because something is on sale, does not mean I have to purchase it!

And folks, it is do-or-die time. This is it. The last straw. Unless I use my gym membership 10 times this month, I'm cancelling it. And frankly - I don't want to cancel it. I really do love going to the gym. I used to go 6 days a week. I think I have been there about 8 times this year. And at $44.50 a month...well, you do the math....

And who knows, maybe if I get back to the gym, I won't hate my clothes so much. It could happen!

I'm also going to continue with the no fast food program. I can do it, I know I can! Even though I am seriously craving a good fair-food type corn dog!! But that will pass....

3 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

It's a Leo thing. 3 of my exes are Leo's.

11:49 AM  
Blogger robkroese said...

But this no buying rule, it doesn't apply to books, right?

12:47 AM  
Blogger Cooth said...

Glad to know it's the Leo's fault -Not mine!!!

Well, Diesel, I will be buying books - textbooks - but I am seriously considering purchasing your book next month. I'm betting it's a hoot!!!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home