Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Saturday, July 28, 2007

What's Happening?

*geez - I started this on Tuesday.....*

And now, it's Saturday morning. It's a beautiful day out there. I - am at the crap job. But we only have one hour left til we depart! And, it's been a very nice, uneventful morning here. Yeah!

This was supposed to be a quiet week. My teacher for my Wednesday & Thursday classes was out of town, so we did not have class! YooHoo! But, he made sure we didn't get bored by emailing us assignments for papers to write. Ugh. So, instead of sitting in class -- just sat in front of the computer and spewed forth brilliance.

Work was nutso this past week. Stinky receptionist gone, so I'm the backup receptionist. End of the biennium. Lots of crap involved there. Had to get raises (sweet!) processed for everybody - even me!! :o) And another person in the office was out Wed - Friday! Busy Busy!

I got my permanent crown on Wednesday. Which was good, cuz the temporary was a bugger! Anytime I bit down on it, it felt like I was biting tin foil. OWWW! It's still a little tender, but think it will be okay and hopefully, I won't need a root canal. icky.

Went out to see Tb last weekend. He held me hostage for 5 hours....the air conditioning was out in his unit, but it was very cool and comfy in the visiting room. He really does seem to be doing well. He got new glasses. He's done now with all his court dates. Now, he just has to wait to be moved. So we ate junk food, I kicked his butt playing Uno and we had a great visit. Funny how he likes me now. hmmmm.....

School has been going pretty good. I survived giving my first speech a few weeks ago. Monday, I have to do another one. This one is on "Culture and Diversity". whatever. I'm doing mine on Midsummer in Sweden. I'm not quite done yet, but think it will go well. I just have to make sure I can talk for 5 minutes. About that....cuz I know I can talk for 5 minutes.

And can you believe it? Mid-terms are just around the corner?!?!?

I watched the first disk of "The Lost Room" last weekend. Excellent! (hope the last disk doesn't disappoint!!) This weekend I have the first disk of "Eureka". I'm looking forward to it.

Last night I decided instead of sitting around doing nothing, I would get a jumpstart on my chores. My Pur water filter, which I love!, cracked. So, I took it off the faucet and tried to put the old aerator on. Sprays all over the kitchen. Crap. Gotta go buy a new one after work. I can't clean without a kitchen faucet!

Then think I'll go wash the car -- a bird decided to use the driver side window as a toilet. Looks lovely. And hopefully, get the sink fixed so I can clean.....fun times......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home