Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Monday, July 23, 2007

To Make a Short Story Long....

Today I was hoping to do a post that didn't involve food, but sorry, this one does.

Mondays I take an hour for lunch. Normally I work from 7:30 to 4 with 1/2 lunch break, but Mondays I have to stay until 5 to cover the front desk (and interact with the stinky receptionist). There is a park not too far from here that I like to go to to spend my hour lunch break. It gets me outside, away from people, gives me an opportunity to read or listen to music or just relax and watch clouds float by. BUT - It is hotter than a witches tit here today. It's 1:30 pm and 97 degrees, feels like 104. So, I decide it would be a good day to go somewhere with air conditioning.

I pick the Woodhouse. They make yummy burgers because they ground their own hamburger and some of the most kick ass potato salad on the planet. After enjoying my meal, I pick up my check, reach for my checkbook.....where is my checkbook??? Shit, I left it on my desk.

Dun Dund Da-DAh! So, I have to call Sanchez, luckily we live in a small enough town he can run over and rescue me. Otherwise, I'd probably still be there washing dishes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

Dang - if you come wash my dishes, I will cook you a hamburger!
xx
pinks

2:39 AM  
Blogger Cooth said...

You got a deal Pink!!! Of course, if I ever scrounge up enough dough to get to England, I'll need a place to stay, so you can through in some laundry and vacuuming too!!!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home