Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Monday, July 16, 2007

All About Ian

A co-worker of mine (from the crap-job) was in a car accident about two months ago. He is paralyzed from the hips down. His mother started a caring bridge site for him and just a few days ago, Ian has started doing the updates himself - it's good to hear it from his perspective. He is a really great kid, a kid who just had his 21st birthday. It just amazes me that he and Tb are so close in age. I keep feeling sorry for myself and Tb for his situation, but I'm so glad that he is where he is and not in the same situation as Ian. Check out his site - it's interesting to read and a great reminder to buckle up!

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

You do have a positive outlook. Good Lord my girl it's a shame you have to choose between the lesser of 2 evils, but I guess you are right. It's called counting your blessings.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Hey I forgot to tell you, there is a book out by some smart chick who fell in love with a prisoner in Pelican Bay. A woman who ought to have known better. Please, please, please don't fall in love with a prisoner. Now I am worried about you. Do you have any contact with other guys when you visit your son?

10:26 PM  
Blogger Pink said...

Positive thinking is what its all about.

I'm with MC - keep counting your blessings.

I'm sorry to hear about this tragic car accident. From the blogs I read, its just far too common among our youth.

xx
pinks

2:48 AM  
Blogger Cooth said...

No need to worry about me falling in love with a prisoner. I'm not quite that desperate - YET! ;o)

I have seen a couple of girls I know from school who are out there visiting their skeezy boyfriends and just wonder why oh why do you not dump the loser??? Of course, can't say anything like that to the offspring!!

A quick note about Ian's accident - there was no alcohol involved, the driver fell asleep! The driver had a crushed ankle and yet, he walked to get help for Ian. Ian did have his cell phone but he didn't want to move him to get it out of his pocket. What a guy!!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home