Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Park

I have a favorite spot I like to go and eat my lunch. It’s a little park, not too far from where I work. It’s my park. It’s a nice, quiet spot to get away from work, from people and enjoy a bit of the outdoors. Even if sometimes it has to be done in the car with the heater going full blast. Sometimes just getting out in the daylight for a bit can change my whole disposition. I have been going to this spot for many many years. I even introduced the ex-boyfriend, S, to this spot.

Recently, S got a new work truck. And since he got the new work truck, he keeps showing up in my path. He especially likes to drive through the park when I’m eating lunch. It bugs me. I suppose I could quit going there, but I went there before we dated and I should be able to continue going there. Of course, I suppose there is that part of me that likes the fact that he is driving by to see me. And I suppose he thinks I’m there just so he can drive by and see me. But it is MY PARK AND I LIKE IT THERE. I’m over-analyzing the hell out of this. I’m stubborn and don’t want to quit going there. But now that Kt will be reading this, I’m pretty sure my car keys will be taken away when I get to work so I am unable to go to lunch.

2 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

As long as you don't engage the enemy, you're allowed to go to the park. The fact that he's stalking you isn't your fault. The fact that you're not together isn't really your fault either.

Just remember: There is a REASON you aren't with the dude. Or many reasons.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Cooth said...

I guess I did show great restraint when I didn't drunk dial the other night. Glad to know you will still allow me to leave the building.

You are right that it's not my fault he is driving out of his way to go through a park that really doesn't lead to anywhere during my lunch break. But, it probably is partially my fault we are no longer together. There were two of us in the relationship. But mostly, I blame him. :o)

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home