Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Monday, March 13, 2006

Movie Night

I had big plans for last night. My friend Kt and I have gotten into a nice routine of "movie night". We both like the same sort of movies and we both belong to Netflix. So one night a week, we get together and watch movies. Well, for last night's movie night, we deviated from the plan. We only had one movie, a German musical called "Schultze Gets the Blues". So, in honor the German movie, I decided to cook some German food. I found a great recipe on allrecipes.com for Bierocks, a German meat turnover. And I have a fun, easy and low-fat recipe for a black forest-like cake that was to be for dessert. And, the biggest change of all.....we invited an outsider for our normal "girl time". Kt's new beau. He's a nice guy and we have all worked in the same building for a couple of years so, it wasn't like a stranger coming over or anything.

Well, here is how the evening turned out. First, my cake had to be changed. I bought the wrong kind of angel food cake mix. Second, in the insanity of cleaning up the apartment, I threw out the recipe for the bierocks. Okay. Well, went ahead and made the cake. Same ingredients, just a different spin. Instead of just mixing in the cherry pie filling, I served it on top of the cake. It actually turned out quite good. The bierocks? I had read the recipe earlier in the day so had a pretty good idea what to put in them, just not too sure on amounts. They turned out quite good. I did forget the worchestershire sauce though.

And Third, the best part. We go to put the movie in......and the damn thing is cracked! Completely split. Damn Netflix. So we ended up watching "The Guru". This, is a great movie. Kt and I have watched it alot. We love it. The new beau, hadn't seen it, but I think he liked it. If not, he pretends well.

So, Schultze will have to be rescheduled for another time. A German musical....just sounds so good.

After the movie, we listened to a few songs off a new cd set I just purchased, Songs that were famous before Kt was born. Big hits of the 70's. I still after a couple of years, find our friendship a bit odd because of the age difference. But it works.

So, despite the bumps along the way, the evening was nice. The food was good, the movie was good and the company - excellent.

1 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

I love movie night.

God wants us to have sex. But the universe isn't run by some big perv.

Netflix sux some days.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home