Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Books by the Pound

A couple of weeks ago, our local library had a book sale. This is a semi-annual affair that makes money for the library from the massive amounts of books that are donated to them. They sell the books by the pound. A dollar a pound for paperbacks and 50 cents a pound for hardcovers. The last two sales have been holidays for Kt and me. We have taken time off of work to go and enjoy.

Kt has turned me into an old-cookbook collector. She has some really great ones in her collection, I am getting some good ones too. This sale I picked up "AmyVanderbilt's Complete Cookbook" copyright 1961, with illustrations by Andrew Warhol. I also got a Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook from 1947. This book contains a section on leftovers. No mention of just nuking them. hmmm. A Complete Potato Cookbook found it's way to my home, as did a cookbook for the working girl - circa 1950 something. Haven't read all my "new" cookbooks yet. That is an activity for Kt's deck, in the summer, when it is warm.

I picked up some cute story books for my even cuter niece. Tb was the recipient of "Memoirs of a Midget", he has a thing about midgets. And I got myself a few paperback novels. Some Dean Koontz, John Grisham, Lisa Gardner, to name a few....now, I just need to make the time for reading. 17 pounds of books for the low low price of $10.00. Gotta love that.

1 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

old cookbooks? Rock. They're hilarious. They don't mince word or fat. In fact, some of them just blatantly just call for you to add or cook in "fat." Priceless (and yet, so cheap!)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home