Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Saturday, March 18, 2006

College-Bound?

I had a meeting this week with the admissions office at a local college. For me. I am debating returning to school. I like the job I have now. I enjoy what I do, where I do it and for the most part, the people I do it with. However, I would like to do it better. And maybe kick it up a notch or two. More responsibility and of course, possibly more money.

So here is the debate going on inside of me: Do I want to invest the time and the money in another associate's degree which will basically enhance my current skills and stay with what I know? Or, should I be bold, be daring, go outside of my comfort zone and go for the bachelor's degree in business? Right now, I have the time to do this. Right now, I don't really have the money to do this. Up until now, I could have gotten tons of financial aid due to whole single-parent factor. But guess what? When you are a single-parent, it doesn't leave a whole lot of time or energy to devote to school.

I have another meeting next week with the financial aid office. This will probably have the largest impact on my decision. But, I won't know until I get there and check it out. I wonder how many good opportunities I have missed because I just didn't go check it out...

Tonight, we go out to celebrate a friend's birthday. Her hubby plays in a band and they have a gig tonight at one of my favorite liquor establishments. I should see if I can still drink as much as I did when I was in college the first time. That might be an important factor in my decision. If I can't hold my liquor anymore, why go to college?

* * *
In other news....Had dinner with Tb last night. He is doing well. I gave him a care package of groceries and laundry soap. I have a fear of him starving to death. He reminded me that he works in a restaurant, so not much of a chance that will happen. Oh well. He also paid down his debt to me a bit. He wants homemade bread, so I will probably bake tomorrow. Weather sounds crappish, so good day to stay in and make bread and maybe some cookies.

3 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

If you're going to kick it up a notch, why not go to culinary school? You're already channeling Emeril (or him in the Crest commercials, which is possible).

Me, I'd vote for the BS, but then I don't actually understand your job and I liked school. Which is good, because I'll be dead before I pay it all off.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Mark Base said...

Hope you've recovered from your drinking session. So, what was the outcome?
Can you still knock 'em back like you used to?

6:36 AM  
Blogger kT said...

Yes. She can. And it still makes her easy, because she kissed me AND danced in the bar.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home