Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ack - I'm becoming Middle-Aged!

Went to the eye doctor today. I was overdue for a check-up and reading has become difficult. Not the far away kind. The up-close and personal kind. My near-sightedness has improved, so by changing that, my cute doc thinks that it should help with the reading. He did write the prescription with optional bi-focal in case I change my mind in 6 months, but for now, he didn't think that it is bad enough to warrant having to get used to the bi-focal. Yeah.

Picked out some cute frames (I think). It's so hard to tell since I can't see, but I love the color, they are a rich copper, and the shape looks good on my dorky face - so says the optician. Wish I could find a pic of them on-line, but can't. I've loved my last frames except for the fact that they look nuclear when photographed. It's bizarre, really bizarre.

We got rain last night. A good bit of rain, 3/4" actually. Woohoo! We need it BAAAAD! Maybe with a bit more, we can get the burn ban lifted and get in some grilling before the snow flies!

Yesterday I went on an adventure into my past. I have this memory of going to a movie when I was about 11. I rode my bike to the theater, so it HAD to be summertime. The movie had a scene in it where this ghost becomes as big as the house he is haunting. Freaked me out. Then on the way home, on the bike, in the dark, I came upon a tree that just looked like this gigantic ghost. Scared the crap out of me. I thought the name of the movie was The Ghost, but can't find it anywhere! Yahoo, Imdb, Google....not to be found. So, I decided to look at the old newspapers from my hometown on microfilm. Fun! I breezed through 3 summers worth of ads for the local theater, but still can't figure it out. Makes me wonder if I imagined this whole memory. Oh well. Maybe I'll look again another day when I have some more time. It was a fun trip back to the Seventies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home