Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Thursday, July 20, 2006

All in the Family

If you know me, you’ve already heard this story, it’s one of my faves. The "Favorite Things about Where You Live" post on My List is Better has prompted me to post it for the world.

When Tb was 3, we changed daycares. He immediately made a new friend. A cute little red-headed boy named Sean. For the next three years, they went to each other’s birthday parties, attended the same preschool and ended up at the same school for kindergarten, but in different classrooms. Well, at the end of the year, the kindergarten classes held a Grandparent’s day. And my mom came up to participate. Each class took their grandparents on a tour of the school. During this tour, Tb’s grandma and Sean’s grandma saw each other. And wondered what the other was doing there. Turns out they are cousins. So here we had been friends with this family and did not even realize that we were related. Weird.

And to add just a bit more weirdness....they are actually "double cousins". The mom’s of the two grandmas were sisters that married brothers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

WOW! That is freaky! I couldnt even imagine such a thing happening to me! That is really quite cool! I didnt do a t13 this week, but wanted to drop by and say hi anyway. By the way...I love GIRLIE BATHS!!!!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Tug said...

FUNNY. You guys need to have a family reunion...ours is next year I think!

9:39 PM  
Blogger kT said...

Um, and people make fun of the South??

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home