Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Today, I'm in the mood for music. I have been listening to VH-1's One Hit Wonder Station all morning. These are my 13 favorite one-hit wonders I got to hear between 8-12 today -- in alphabetical order:

1. 99 Luftballoons - Nena
2. Afternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band
3. Hot Child in the City - Nick Gilder
4. Hot Hot Hot - Buster Poindexter
5. In the Summertime - Mungo Jerry
6. Mambo No. 5 - Lou Bega
7. Mickey - Toni Basil
8. Our House - Madness
9. Pass the Dutchie - Musical Youth
10. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
11. The Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
12. Two of Hearts - Stacy Q
13. Whip It - Devo

These aren't my top 13 one hit wonders - That, would take some time to think about and compile. Just the best I heard today.

10 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Love your list...esp. Nena, Starland Vocal Band, Nick Gilder, Soft Cell, and Devo. TOTALLY fun. :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

I've actually heard of some of these--which would make them a wonder! Thanks.

My TT is up.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I LOVE Mickey!

Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind ... hey Mickey!

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geesh, those all bring back some memories! I liked 99 Luftballoons and Tainted Love, and now I've got the balloon one stuck in my head, LOL!

Great list! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by my T13 earlier :)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Lyn said...

I did a 1981 Song Edition a few weeks ago at my blog for a T13 - great memories. lol Thanks for visiting my t13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition at Bloggin' Outloud, lgp

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One hit wonders that received so much air time, I remember every single one of them and still know all the words. That's scary.

We're up, stop by for a visit. :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

woo hoo for 80s tunes! (And I like your party hat)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Trish Ess said...

Great.. now I've got 99 Red Balloons going through my head.. but at least it's better than Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood - that's what the last TT I went to started! :D

Happy TT! Thanks for visiting mine!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Tug said...

LOVE the 1 hit wonders.....you DISCO!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

I definitely agree with Safety Dance! That's a fun one to dance to!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home