Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Why

Work is sucking today. Computer issues. Well, software issues to be exact. I do have some filing that could be done. But I hate doing that, so guess I'll goof off instead.

Why do I hate filing so much? I love it when it's easy to find things. I love it when my desk is tidy. I love it when there is a place for everything and everything is in its place. I just don't want to be the person to do all that. I think a large part of the answer to the question of why is because, believe it or not, I have some major perfectionist issues. You would never know it to look at me and my life, but they are there....lurking beneath the surface. I have a lot of things that I want and/or need to do. First, I map out a plan of attack. If this plan seems flawless, I will execute the plan. However, at the first sign of non-perfectness....I will abort. So guess what? There is alot of stuff that could be getting done, but isn't because if I can't do it perfect, why do it at all.

I do have periods of rationality from time to time, where I am able to get things done, even if they are imperfect. But I find myself falling back on old mindsets and bad habits really really easily. I hate this fact about me.

I think most of my issues come from the fact that I never did anything right in my dad's eyes. If I vacuumed, I missed a spot. If I got a B+, really, it should have been an A. You get the picture. I don't ever remember him telling me that I did something well. I am the oldest of 4 children and was expected to "set an example" for the other 3. I still cringe whenever I hear that phrase. I was a child. It wasn't my job.

Okay, it's out there. Now, I need to get over it. It's been 27 years since I left home......I'll check the computer issues again and if necessary, I'll file something.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

when we lived in Vegas, K used to come to work once every couple weeks & catch my filing up for me. She also used to clean my house. ahhhh. the good 'ole days.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Mark Base said...

You could file your nails. Then you'll know where to find them.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Cooth said...

Great idea Mark! I like it when things are right at my fingertips...

10:30 AM  
Blogger kT said...

Just go file. You know you'll feel good if you do.

The problems with being a bureaucrat include, but are not limited to, severe issues with paper taking over your desk/life and computers that are far beyond your control.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Tug said...

MARK'S ALIVE! He's obviously been taking posting lessons from Brook. ;-0

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home