Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Where Did All The Good Times Go

Well, I did the Super Walmart experience. Really, not all that Super. It's big. But not all that different from Kmart or Target as far as price and selection. Some of the groceries are cheaper, but the produce was horrendous! I wouldn't have fed most of what I saw to livestock, let alone eat it myself. So, still had to go to a "regular" grocery store for produce the next day...bah. I do have to say that trying on pants minutes before starting grocery shopping is very motivational. I was able to stick to only buying Core foods....except for one tiny little slip. A pint of Cherry Garcia did manage to follow me home.....

But, now there are edible foods in my fridge. I like the comments on the last post. I guess I've never quite gotten to that "single" person stage yet. I admit to several occassions of ice cream or popcorn for dinner, but it was always by choice, not by necessity. And, I am very very good (or bad) at stopping to pick up Chinese or fast food, if there isn't anything at home. Guess I'm just a good eater.

I found my library card. It wasn't really lost. Just not where it was supposed to be. Haven't been to the library yet. But I'm taking part of the afternoon off. I have to go. I have to get working on my research paper for ethics. It's due in 4 weeks, I think. And I believe I owe the library some money....overdue fees. My bad.

My dentist office just called. Tb had an appointment scheduled for Thursday. I cancelled it. I'm positive he didn't set it up and if he did, he works all day and has no money to pay for it. He's an adult now. Or so I keep telling myself. I hate that I have to "throw him to the wolves" so to speak, but until he gets his lazy ass into school....I'm going to have to be a hard ass. (Yes, Kt, I know I have a long ways to go to get to hard ass status.)

Speaking of Tb, he started a new part-time job on Sunday. I called him on Saturday to see if he wanted to go grab some lunch. Unfortunately, he was working. Then he told me he would be starting the second job the next day and worked 10 to 3. So, Sunday about noon, he calls me and wants to know if I want to have lunch. I say, "Sure, but aren't you working?" He says "No, I don't go in until this afternoon at 10 to 3." I found that weird, but first day and all, maybe they have paperwork for him to fill out and want him there 10 minutes early. So being there at 2:50, really, maybe not all that strange.

So, he stops by my office on Monday afternoon. I ask him how his first day there was. And guess what? He was supposed to work from 10 am to 3 pm. What a doorknob. Oh well, he did show up at 2:50 and they let him work the 3 to 10 shift instead. Oy.

Yep, he's an adult now.

2 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

Adult. Means supposedly responsible.

Am bringing out whips and chains to enforce the hard-ass status, since when you are a hard-ass TB respects you and you two get along. When you're not, he's a shit and you're miserable.

And you being miserable really beats down the movie night joy.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Tug said...

since it's not MY child I can sit here laughing at the whole 10 to 3 thing...that's GOOD. And I didn't realize there even WERE any non-Super Wal-Marts anymore. Are your Target's Target Greatlands, or just Targets? wow......

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home