Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Secret is Out

Yep, I'm a cheap drunk and I'm easy when I'm drunk. Thanks. With friends like you guys, who needs an advertising agency? Guess I can quit buying sharpies.

Spent the holiday weekend with the family. Ma & Pa. Brother & Sister-in-Law. Tb, the niece and BigD. Had a good time. Ate too much, spent too much time away from my studies and my messy house. But it was worth it. Don't get to see BigD that often and hadn't seen the niece since New Years. We have NEVER managed to get all the cousins together at one time. There are just 6 of them. But 4 belong to one brother. And his crappy wife.

By Saturday night, BigD was super-sugared up and completely worn-out. He had gone skateboarding with Tb, had been on an Easter Egg Hunt, played soccer with me, and ran around like a normal 5 year old. He was pretty tired out by the time we went to dinner. He was seated next to the niece (she's 2 1/2), and leaned over and gave her a kiss.

The niece: "Why did you kiss me?"

BigD: (rolling eyes and shrugging shoulders) "I dunno."

The niece: "Do you love me?"

BigD: "yeah."

The niece: (turning to her mother) "Mommy, he loves me!!!!!!!"

It was way too cute. Too bad we don't live in Kentucky, we could start planning the wedding.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

Aren't those moments just presh? And brother G is in Tennessee....his in-laws followed & THEY could probably give y'all lessons if you'd like to move the fam down. Pretty much the same as Kentucky, Arkansas, etc.......

11:00 PM  
Blogger kT said...

Personally? Several states away is the PERFECT distance for family, in my opinion. That way, you have an actual excuse for not seeing them for months.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Tug said...

My brother would agree with you! I, however, begged for the transfer to get closer to my kids (& yes, my son-in-law might agree with you also). (but not out loud in front of me, he's a good kid) As for daughter K & grandkids....they're on their way here this weekend - I'm back up there next, so 3 weekends in a row & it's NOT just me - K wanted to come down!!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home