Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Weekend Update

I'm sitting at my part-time job right now, so far it is quiet. Hopefully, it will stay that way, but, I doubt it. I work in the circulation dept of our local newspaper. And boy, if some people don't get their newspaper, it really is the end of their world. Most people are pretty nice about it. But just for the record....I do not know why your carrier didn't bring you the paper today. If I knew that....well, I would have to be psychic and if I were psychic, I would have won a huge Powerball jackpot, and therefore, would not need to be working a part-time job in order to support my yarn habit. In fact, if I had that Powerball jackpot, I would probably take up a more expensive habit, like golf, or travel, or dating young, hot studs.

Two days down on the 3 day challenge. Not doing too bad. I am having a problem getting myself to drink water. I don't really know why. This morning I had to be to work at 4:30 am and did not get a good breakfast prepared, so ended up having a ginormous muffin from the grocery store. Now, I must stay out of the vending machines....just 4 hours to go. I don't know what it is about this job, probably the stress, but I am always "starving" when I leave here. It is bad, because no matter which way I go home, there is a McDonald's or a Wendy's or a Taco John's on the way. It's just way easier to pick up a bag of fast food rather than go home and make something healthy. And, I am all about easy.

The story of Cathy and S, is a long, stupid and fucked-up one. Not gonna bore y'all with the details. Let's just say, it's over. It needs to stay over. Every time we have been together, it has been awesome, but something always holds us back from making it. Mostly, his inability to realize that he is worth being loved. And other shit. I'm not going to allow him to break my heart again.

On tap for this afternoon, Tb wants more bread. I like making bread. So, guess I'll make some bread. He stopped by yesterday and noticed a few over-ripe bananas on the counter and said that some banana bread would sure taste good. Guess I may as well make some of that too. I have a French movie that I want to watch, should probably call Kt and see if she wants to come over and watch it with me. It's going to be cold, rainy, gloomy and windy today. Blech. Good day to hang out at home and bake and watch movies and do laundry.

Tuesday, I get the final results from the financial aid applications. I took a test on Tuesday last week and passed with flying colors and will not have to take any English classes. If all goes well with financial aid, I have orientation on Thursday night and start classes the following week. Oh my. Still not sure I want to go the student loan route. I hate paying those back.


1 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

Loans suck.

Since you're transferring your mothering thing to me (why else would you be feeding me nearly every weekend? Except that I'm more fun to watch movies with than The Boy and I show up when I say I will) I like bread, too. And cookies.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home