Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Friday, September 21, 2007

Updates, Upgrades and Down Grades

My Friday night standing date with Tb has been cancelled. But that's okay - because he was moved to treatment. About 100 miles from here. He didn't know about visitation schedule yet, so this weekend, he has no visit from Mom. He can have his own clothes though, so yesterday I boxed up some of them (including some new socks) and UPS'ed them to him. I have next weekend off from the crap job, so I'm hoping I can drive down there on Saturday.

I upgraded my cable yesterday. Our local cable company is running a promotion that I just had to have! Right now, I have broadband internet and basic cable with them and I pay about $80.00 per month. Starting Monday and for the next 6 months, I will have broadband internet, basic cable, digital cable, Starz & Encore, and DVR - for about $80.00 per month!!!! Way excited about the DVR!!!!! Now I won't have to take October 2nd off to watch the Eureka marathon on Sci-fi! Of the extra 45 stations I'll be getting, I'm really only excited about BBC America, Independent Film Channel, Sundance, and Fit TV. And the STarz and Encore channels of course. After the 6 month trial, to keep the extra channels and DVR, my bill will go up to $105.00, so if I like it and want to keep it, I will probably cancel my Netflix.

Although final grades haven't been posted, my GPA has plummeted from a 3.98 to 3.93. Good thing I'm changing schools and taking 3 months off. I need it to get over the shock.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

3.93!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a braniac.
xx
pinks

11:48 AM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

It's good that the wretched son is getting some treatment. I hope it works for both of your sakes.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, wait. 0.05 of a point does NOT qualify for the term "plummet". Ever. So knock it off. It makes the rest of us look bad. And since when does anything over a 2.8 leave you with time to watch cable???

3:35 PM  
Blogger Cooth said...

Thanks Pink - they don't call me "Miss Smarty" for nuthin'!!

Miss C - ME TOO!! He's not as wretched when he is substance free.

Scarlet - I really do need a font for sarcasm - don't I?!?! I'm okay with the grades - didn't work too hard this quarter since I was leaving. I love tv - I'll always find time to watch!! ;o)

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home