Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Monday, September 17, 2007

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes Revisted

Pink asks what I want to change about my life, so let's talk about it!

About 13 months ago, I posted about wanting to make some changes in my life. Guess what? Not much has changed since then.

A few weeks ago, I had a major "duh" moment. I realized at the ripe old age of 46 that I CAN be the person I want to be. But I am the only one that can do it and there is no reason why I can't be doing it right now!!!!!!!

So, now that school is done for 14 weeks. I am on a mission. Yesterday I started - albeit a bit slowly....but I started.

(And now, I get sidetracked.......

I did alot of knitting this weekend. But I was pooped. Last week was horrendous - Since last Sunday I composed a speech and prepared a power point to go with it. I wrote a 10 page paper on The Bank of North Dakota. I prepared a 7 page paper on stress in the workplace and prepared a power point to go with it. I worked 37 hours at the real job and 11 hours at the crap-job. Spent a couple hours visiting Tb. Kt and I spent Saturday together.We went to the street fair, went to Hobby Lobby, the liquor store and the grocery store. Then we sat on The Deck, grilled some dinner and watched a movie.

Yesterday, I didn't do much. I got up about 7 and read the paper. Ate some breakfast and then tidied up the bathroom. Watched the season finales of Monk & Psych that I had taped. Watched my new guilty pleasure, The Pick-up Artist (I know, really lame), watched Notes on a Scandal and The OH in Ohio. All the while I was glued to the tv, I was knitting and finished two dishrags this weekend! Squeezed some lunch in there along the way. Tried to take a nap. Got my dirty clothes sorted but not washed. Made some dinner, cleaned out the fridge, unloaded and re-loaded the dishwasher. Dinner was a chicken breast, some boiled potatoes, and green beans. Had to eat it on my good china, because I had no clean dishes. But I liked eating on the good china, it was a treat. Watched BB8 (snore), Cold Case and went to bed. The 4400 season finale had to be taped because of #%*$ football games running long. But that's okay, I'll watch it this week (and knit more) because I don't have to go ANYWHERE this week.

......sorry 'bout that)

Okay, that probably should have been it's very own post, but it's too late now....so back to the original purpose of this rambling...

Here's the changes I'm making:

Eating right
Exercising
Stepping outside of my comfort zone
Getting some of the clutter removed from my life
More fun, less boredom
And even though I don't look like a supermodel, somehow, someway, I am going to start dating again. This will be a humongus step outside of the comfort zone.

As far as the crap-job....once again, we are about to have a new manager and hopefully things will be getting better. But I do have to say, that since I now only work every other weekend (for the most part), it isn't quite as stressful. And, I like the extra money...I won't lie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

Yay!

I like the changes - and I need to make my own list.

May I share something with you? I find that goals are easier to achieve if they are SMART. Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time bound.

So...can you tell me exactly - just one way - that you are going to 'eat right'? Is it to eat 5 servings of vegetables and fruit a day? Or is it to cut out the cappucinos? You get the picture. If we take on the universe (eat right is a whole universe of its own, I've found) we get discouraged cuz we can't win.

Yay and hooray for you for wanting to make these changes.

I support you!
xx
pinks

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home