Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Poor North Dakota!!!

Now that two of you have picked on my home, I gotta do a post about it!

My first post ever when I started blogging was about North Dakota. I like it here. But I don't know that I will live here forever. I'm pretty sure that if I ever finish school, I will have to leave so I can find a job that will pay me enough to re-pay my student loans and still eat. I like eating.

Here are some facts and figures about North Dakota. Our population is not 6, or 12. It is actually over 600,000. If you dig numbers like I do, check this out. My friend kT finds it fascinating how we all know each other, or we are related to someone that you know, or went to school with your brother-in-law's cousin.....and my brother's wife's brother was in the same class as Josh Duhamel.

It is cold here sometimes. But not always. We have a sub-humid continental climate. I hate humidity. And the change of seasons is wonderful.

Milk is our official state beverage, Square is our official dance, and English is our official language. If you are wandering around the Capitol building, you could quite possibly run into the Governor. And he will speak to you. He and I had a nice conversation about tennis shoes one day.....

We are the Peace Garden State. The International Peace Garden is a beautiful place to visit. You can get some awesome Canadian Carmels while you are there. And of course, there was this one time...at band camp.....

The Geographical Center of North America is near Rugby, North Dakota. Not quite the center of the universe, but close.

What would be on a postcard from North Dakota? Well here are some examples.

You can expect that this will be continued......

3 Comments:

Blogger STP said...

"Square is our offical dance."

Love it! When I was little, I always wanted one of those square dancin skirts. I had a thing for poofy skirts as a child. Then again, what girly girl didn't? I wore my white tutu with blue satin trim everywhere...I usually paired it with the pink super hero cape my mother made me. I was quite a trend setter.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwww, I wasn't pickin'! Okay, I was, but I'm an equal opportunity picker! I bitch about my town all the time. I'll bitch about anybody's town, even if I've never been there. It's a talent.

Thanks for the insight about the center of the world (or North America, whatever). I'm very envious of your lack of humidity right now!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Pink said...

I want a postcard from North Dakota!

North Dakota Rocks!

(get it?)

*sigh*

xx
pinks

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home