Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Monday, October 16, 2006

Book Tag!

My favorite man in Sweden has tagged me, and I love to please my men, so I'll play along.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag five people.

I have textbooks with me today, so we are reading from page 23 of The Seventies: The Great Shift in American Culture, Society, And Politics by Bruce J. Schulman.

Those generous words generated little attention from the national media. During the 1968 campaign, Nixon had repeatedly rejected his speechwriters' suggestions that he offer comfort to the nation. Even in a year marked by unprecendented strife, Nixon had voiced disdain for "uplift" and had thrived on hard-hitting, polarizing rhetoric.

I don't think anybody reads my blog anymore, so I'm not going to tag anybody. But if you read and want to play along....have at it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Base said...

This is cool, dear Cooth...

Keep on rockin' - and do a bit of promoting, girl. You've got fun stuff to say, and you should make people aware it's here!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Cooth said...

Thanks Mark - You made my day!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Mark Base said...

Good.

Now make my breakfast, woman.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home