Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Time and Tide

I got a new CD in the mail yesterday. Actually, it is an old CD, recorded 20 years ago. It was the best mail I've gotten in a long time. The CD is Time and Tide by Basia. I know that Time and Tide was played on the radio, and I think one more song off the album had some airtime. I listened to it last night while cleaning and making dinner. I listened to it on my commute to work. I'm listening to it now. It's great.

I really should be working, but I got lots done yesterday and this morning. There are actually a couple of clean spots here in the cube. Whoa. Maybe by the end of the day, it will be spotless. I am a dreamer.

This weekend was so great. I had both days off from my part-time job, so not one person yelled at me all weekend long. Saturday, Kt and I went antiquing. The first store we went to is one that is made up of many vendors. They were having an open house and most vendors were offering a percentage off. I collect orphan creamers. If there is a sugar bowl with it, I don't want it. I found two "new" ones at this store. However, this creates a new problem. I'm out of shelves. But, lucky me, found a new shelf at the thrift store. Then we had lunch. Always a favorite part of my day.....Then off to another antique store. I thought the first stop was good, but this, was heavenly. They are trying to sell the business. So, all merchandise under $10.00 was 50% off. Everything else was 25% off. I found 5 more creamers and the cutest damn turtle.


I think he needs a bamboo plant. Turtles are supposed to be good feng shui and bamboos are good luck. Sounds like a perfect combo to me.

In addition to all that, I also added three new old cookbooks to my collection (damn you Kt). It's amazing what one can make with a box of jello and meat. I may have to post the recipe for Lazonnia.

Last but not least, we hit The Deck. Fresh air, sunshine, killer rabbits. Adult beverages and grilled steak. mmmm. It was a wonderful day.

1 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

Ha! I love infecting other people with my obsession with old cookbooks. Especially those with grotesque photos and (gasp!) Lazonnia recipes.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home