Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Friday, January 18, 2008

Clean Slate

I am alive. Not that anyone asked, but I am. I just love a new year. It's like a fresh, clean chalkboard, just waiting for someone to write on it. 2007 was not a great year for me. I'm hoping 2008 will be better, perhaps even smashing!

Highlights of the year, so far:

=Quit the crap-job. Sunday will be my last day. Yippee!!

=Started classes at a new school. So far, I'm loving it - except the online class, I'm tolerating that one.

=Tb is back in town and back to work at his old job and doing well.

=I have a new niece. She is a cute little red-head. Just like me.... ;o)



So what are my goals for the new year?

=Read more for pleasure. I used to read voraciously. I miss it. I have an entire bookshelf full of books I want to read. I love to go to the books by the pound sale and buy more. I'm not allowing myself to go to the spring sale unless at least two previous purchases have been read. Thanks to the writer's strike, this has been an easy one to get going on.

=Finish what I start. I love to start new projects....I have many of them. Can't start a new one until I finish an old one.

=Finish what I start. I'm very good at starting to clean my bedroom, but get distracted by a phone call, the computer, something shiny.....I'm not going to stress over not finishing, but I'm really going to make a concerted effort to follow through.

=Lose 31 pounds. This will take me back to a weight I swore I would never get over again. Then, I can start working towards the next lower weight I swore I would never get over again.

=Blog more often. Comment more often on other blogs. I read alot of interesting blogs, but don't comment often - I'm not shy anywhere else - why am I in the blogosphere? I know my blog isn't the most exciting spot on the web, but I enjoy it.

=Stop sweating the small stuff. Enjoy today.

=Go on 1 date. Yep, I said 1. I'm signed up on a dating site. It's not going well. I guess I may just be too repulsive to date. Oh well. Not looking to get married or even laid. Just want to see if I remember how to date.

=Clean and organize my desk at work. Then, keep it that way.

=Spend more time with friends. I'm slowly but surely becoming a hermit.



So here is my first post of the new year.....so much for blogging more often.....Oh well, I'm not sweating the small stuff, I started the post and finished it, I'm having lunch with a friend tomorrow, and here is a pic of my latest knitting project:


Mittens for me - they just so happen to match a hat I made for myself, but haven't gotten around to photographing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

YAY for you, and much luck with them all my friend! I'm glad Tb's home & doing well...so very very glad. How are you doing the weight loss? Any thoughts? 'Cause the jeans I was going to wear today - um...notsomuch. At all.

What dating site? I'm too cheap to pay $20+ a month...

YAY & much congrats on the new niece!! E-mail details please...

9:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YAY, you're back! DID notice your absence, but the holidays being what they are, thought better of being a Buttinski.

Very ambitious start to the new year, you've got there! I'm shooting for that 30 lb goal, too. Or 2 dress sizes, which ever comes first.

And yes to more details on the redheaded cutie in your life!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Pink said...

You go girl! 31 pounds is totally do-able; I hope so, I've got 40 to go before I do the same and go for the gold to get to my ideal weight!

Lets make 2008 that year!
xx
pinks

5:17 PM  
Blogger Cooth said...

Thanks for your support ladies! I'm a big wuss so any positive vibes you can send my way are much appreciated!! And you all have my support - we can do this!!!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home