Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Family Day


Sunrise photo taken on the way to Jamestown

Last Thursday, I drove to rehab for family day with Tb. It went well. I think. We still have some major communication issues, but we are working on them. He's just so stubborn...don't know where he gets that....I wonder if some of what he says is what he really thinks, or is just saying it to see what he can get away with.
After family day, I drove another hour so I could spend the weekend with my parents. It's all good! Two days off of work, Mom's cooking, Mom made a birthday cake for me, I beat Mom at Scrabble (3 times!!), I got the ends worked into a bunch of dishclothes, I started and completely finished a hat, and started one more hat.

Yummy carrot cake!! Thanks Mom!!


It was really nice having a birthday cake made by Mom, it's been awhile since I had one of those. Except.....since she was making this one, she thought she should also make one for Dad to take to work for "the girls". Okay, sounds like a great plan, right? No. The birthday girl ended up peeling and grating 4 pounds of carrots. My hands were orange! Slave driver!! But- all kidding aside---it was so worth it. The cake is absolutely dee-lish!! I'd peel and grate all day for another one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

Gorgeous sunrise but gorgeouser cake! mmmm

Happy Birthday!
xx
pinks

10:48 PM  
Blogger Dose Pharmacy said...

Thank you again for your flawless service, and I look forward to working with you in the future.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home