Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Saturday, December 08, 2007

I'm a Total Slug

When I decided to switch schools and have 3 months of no classes, I really figured I'd do more blogging. But no. I've been really enjoying being a slug. I've been knitting alot. I've been cleaning. I've been watching too much tv. I've been sleeping. I'm enjoying being a boring hermit.

Tb is doing well. He has reached a "Level 4" in his treatment and is now allowed to leave the premises for 2 hour passes. Last Saturday, I drove down there in a snowstorm so we could go to lunch at Applebee's. It was fun. It was normal. I'm going down again tomorrow, Grandma and Grandpa are meeting us at Grizzly's for lunch. Next Thursday, I go down for "family day". Yeah - confrontations - my fave! NOT!! But we still have some things to patch up so we can maybe someday get trust back in our relationship. He is scheduled to be released to a transitional center right after New Year's.

I am all signed up for classes next semester. I'm taking Accounting - in person. I'm taking Intercultural Communications - on line. And I'm taking Management and Leadership - this one is a hybrid - online and in person. I'm looking forward to returning to school.

My attempt at getting back to the Y has not been going well. The latest issue - my foot. I've had bad feet for years - started out with plantar fasciitis, then I tore a ligament, and now, for some unknown reason, my right foot hurts. So went to the doc on Tuesday and they wrapped it, told me to get new shoes and come back in 2 weeks. I think my orthotics need adjusting, but what do I know.

My knitting friends and I have started up a regular Tuesday night "Stitch and Bitch". The public library has a quaint little coffee shop in it and we take it over on Tuesdays. It's been really fun getting together and knitting. And kvetching. But, in a couple weeks we will be moving from the coffee shop for one night only - to a bar - a smoke-free one, of course. To celebrate my birthday! Margaritas go better with birthdays!! And then Christmas and New Year's fall on a Tuesday - so no library then! I'm thinking about having a get-together on New Year's day - seems like a good way to start out the year - good friends and yarn!

It's cold today - last time I checked it was 9 below. Brr. Supposed to warm up some next week - hope so!! Had to move Tb's car to prevent it from being towed, so it is in my garage. My car wants to get back in there!! Yesterday, tried to get his started and moved. No go! We'll try again next week.

I'm hungry - gonna see if my co-worker wants anything from McDonalds - if she doesn't I'm going to go get some pop tarts from the vending machine. How nutritious!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dose Pharmacy said...

This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home