Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Apparently, I have Allergies

Last September - that is September of 2006 - I felt like I had something caught in my throat. In October I had a gyno appointment and although that isn't his regular hole to check out, he took a look-see but saw nothing. After that I made an appointment with my GP. Five weeks later, when I went to see the doctor, it still felt like there was something caught in my throat. He couldn't see anything either. So he put me on Nasonex - which made no difference at all and I HATED snorting it. So I have just learned to live with something caught in my throat. In my "research", I learned that because the throat has so many nerve endings in it, even the smallest think can feel huge. (They should put all those in the vagina - not the throat - but I digress)

So over the past year this throat thing changes from time to time. Sometimes it feels like something is stuck and sometimes it feels like the whole thing is swelling shut. A few weeks ago a friend of mine had the "whole thing is swelling shut" thing happen to him. Well, since he and I swap spit occassionally, I thought we maybe have some kind of fungus or virus or bacterial crap. He went to the doctor. His doctor did a whole upper GI series of tests - nothing wrong. Told him to try Claritin. He did. It worked. So I did. It worked.

Yesterday, I forgot to take my Claritin. Today, my nose is running like a sieve. Apparently, I have allergies. I have taken my Claritin today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

um...just a thought but...are you sure its airborne allergens?

have you had food allergy testing? Seems a shame to take a medication known to be dangerous for the heart if you can eliminate the allergen.

I agree completely about the vagina by the way.
xx
pinks

1:38 AM  
Blogger Cooth said...

I have thought about food allegies - I'm afraid it may be wheat, yeast or gluten. That would mean no bread! AHHHH!!

Thanks for the heart info - I was not aware of that! Maybe I'll have to learn to live without bread and donuts and cake.....

9:09 AM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

You know, the thing stuck in there could be a mucus plug. You just feel like you can't clear it out. You may have allergy induced asthma. Miss C impersonates a doctor in her spare time. She is FEMA trained, afetr all. Wait, don't listen to me.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home