Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Kung Pao Christmas

I can't believe it! Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!?!?! Already? How did that happen? I'll be working til noon, then taking off to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my parents. I'm the only one of the 4 offspring that will be there. Nice quiet time.

On Christmas day I will be visiting Tb in Jamestown for the last time. He has a 4 hour pass, so we will be going out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. (Thank the Lord they are godless heathens and remaining open for the day) Then we will probably try to see a movie. Don't know what's playing there, but lucky for me, I have access to the Jamestown newspaper so will check that out tomorrow morning.

Lately it seems to get harder and harder to get into the Christmas spirit. About 4 years ago, our artificial tree just looked way too sad to bother putting it back in the box, so we threw it out and planned on buying a new one the next year. Or maybe even getting a real tree for a couple of years. Well, that didn't happen - my Grandma died, so the only decorating I got done was to put up a 3' pre-lit tree and that was only done because my nephews were staying with me for a couple of days. Last year, I got the tree out, but could only find 2 of the three legs it needed to stand up. This year, just never even bothered.

Then I saw it. A purple tinsel pre-lit tree. I found it last weekend at Menard's in Aberdeen. I loved it. I wanted it. But, decided against buying it. About 30 miles out of Aberdeen, I wanted to turn around and go back and get it. But didn't. So today, I went to our local Menard's and they had the tree!! But not only is it available in purple.....there is also a lime green, red, turquoise and a silver one!!! Now what do I do? Oh here's a great idea - buy the purple one AND the silver one. But wait - there's more!!! There was also a nice regular 6' green tree with clear lights, oh and since the tinsel trees are 3' tall, I need some smaller ornaments to go on them, let's throw in some of them too.....So $64.50 later, I have 3 Christmas trees and new ornaments.....The trees are still in the car....I probably should go get them before I go to bed.
And store them til next year....

Merry Christmas to you all!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pink said...

Put them up put them up!

One for every room (not the bathroom please!)

Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the dinner and movie!!!
xx
pinks

8:18 AM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I got a fake tree for the first time. It's pretty cute. They make em real like, now.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Dose Pharmacy said...

Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home