Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Small Town Livin'

Okay, so one of my things to change about me is to start dating again. Or at least attempt it. So today, just for shits and giggles, I reactivated my profile on a dating site. I saw a guy that might be interesting and checked out his profile. I'm waiting for a current photo to be approved, so I didn't initiate any contact....yet.

After work tonight, I went and got an oil change then stopped to get some groceries. When I go to check out, who is there in line right in front of me? Martin - yep - you guessed right - he's the guy whose profile I checked out. Now, Bismarck has a population of about 55,000 people. What are the odds that on the very day I "check this guy out", he's in front of me in line at the grocery store? And it's not even the store I normally go to!

So anyway....there were no sparks there in the line, but I do have to ask this question - When short men measure how tall there are, do they use a different size ruler than other people? I am 5'7 1/2" tall - he has 5'6" in his profile. I KNOW I was at least 4 inches taller than he was. Maybe more. And why can't I get over this aversion to short men?

I'll keep looking. Probably.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aversion to short men: because it's harder to tell when they're mistaking your boobs for your eyes.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Pink said...

Yay! Dating again!

(put on a helmet)

I'm 5 foot 1 and even I have an aversion to short men. Must be some kind of primal biological selection.

Else, maybe its harder to tell when they're mistaking your boobs for your eyes.
xx
pinks

7:26 PM  
Blogger Cooth said...

Well, my boobs are small enough that they could be mistaken for my eyes....

But, still perky after all these years!! :o)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Leaves all the short men for me! I'll take them. I positively love short men.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home