Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Sunday, March 25, 2007

What Does Cooth Mean?

This is one of the most popular searches that brings people to my lovely little spot on the internet. Of course, my favorite, by far, is crappy boring stuff, but that is beside the point.

Cooth. Well with this spelling it is my nickname. It is also the name of a singer, who may be from Finland?

The "correct" spelling is couth and here is what Merriam-Webster online dictionary has to say about it: Pronunciation: 'küth Function: adjective Etymology: back-formation from uncouth: sophisticated, polished. (so not me!)

So there you have it all you searchers out there. Now you know!

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

My stepdad would insult people who were crude or rude by saying, "How uncooth!"

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home