Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Big Turkey

So Turkey day has come and gone....didn't do much. My back went out 2 weeks ago and I have been a major slug since it happened. I stayed home Thursday, popping 4 advil every 4 hours so I could get a decent meal cooked for me and Tb. And I did. We had a turkey breast, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cheese sauce, stuffing, gravy, ho-made wheat bread, seven layer salad, pumpkin pie and yep, there was lefse. It was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

The back issue, grr. I have two vertebrae in my back that are too close together. I think it stems from way back when I broke both my legs. As long as I am exercising regularly, it does not bother me. I haven't been exercising regulary for about 8 months. No wonder I am having problems. I've been to the chiropractor 3 times and will probably go again Monday. Guess maybe this is the huge kick in the arse I need to get my huge arse back to the Y. Some days, I really piss me off.

School is going well. Got my mid-terms - all A's. :o) I have my schedule for next quarter. I am taking Intro to Pschology, Employment Law and Intro to Management. They had me scheduled for Office Procedures, but since I have worked in an office for the past 19 years....I'm testing out. That will save me about $900.00. Yippee.

I just have 3 episodes of Battle Star Galactica to watch and I am all caught up. Kt and I are taking December 19th off from work to watch the Season 3 marathon. Oh, and it just so happens that is my birthday! Yippeee.....cake, Starbuck and getting older...

Had my performance review at work last week. All is well except for my uber paranoid supervisor has an issue with me and a co-worker because we "whisper". He thinks we are talking about him. No, just talking about shit we don't want everyone in our cube farm to hear about. He also said that 2 other people in the division have commented on it. I asked one of them and she said that he was the one to bring it up. That's so annoying. He is supposed to be our HR person and he's stirring up shit like this. So now, when I talk about menstrual cramps, I'll make sure everyone in the office can hear about it....

I'm glad it's the weekend. I bought a new book yesterday - I want to read!!! Kt is having a few people over to play Trivial Pursuit today. Tomorrow, I gotta do some homework and a bit of housework. fun times....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home