Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Stuff

Today is the last Sunday of August. Next weekend is Labor Day, the "official" end of summer. What? Where did the sumer go? This summer was kinda sucky. It was hot and dry, so no grilling for the last 2 months because of a burn ban. The hot weather made it almost impossible to be outside, so lots of time indoors with the a/c blasting.

Of course, fall is good too, except for the fact that it is followed by winter. Which, in North Dakota, can be brutal. We've had some very mild winters in the recent past, and in the very very distant past, North Dakota was actually tropical. I don't see us going back to stone age weather any time soon, but if it could just not do the whole 40 below crap, I'd be happy. I've digressed. . . Fall is good too. I can start baking bread again because I won't mind heating the oven. My crock pot becomes my friend again and fills my house with great smells. Nights are cooler and sleep comes easier. School has started and Tb is actually going. Yarn is on sale at Hobby Lobby. I don't need any. But I did actually look at the ad today.

My boss is awesome. I do not have a computer at home. I know, I'm probably the only person left on the planet that doesn't. Anyhoo....my boss is very supportive of my going to college and has let me use my work computer to complete homework assignments. Well, Friday I told him that I would be going in on Saturday to do my OSHA paper, thanked him for letting me do this and told him that I didn't have a computer at home. Later on, he told me that he has a computer sitting in his garage that he would give me. Yes, give me. I offered to pay him for it, but he said no. So, later today, Tb and I will be going over and getting it. Computer, printer, scanner, speakers....wow. What an awesome gift. I'm just thrilled. Now, I just need to figure out where we will be putting it....And how to get it up and running. I'm a bit of a techno-phobe and I have no idea how these things do what they do. Maybe, it's time to learn. Oy!

Got my new glasses. I can read again! Not that I couldn't before, but it was bothersome. I actually did read for awhile yesterday - for pleasure. It was great! Between the new prescription and the two adjustments at the chiropractor last week, I could possibly become headache-free! woohoo!

That's all for now. It's quiet at the paper today. Only and hour and 10 minutes to go....

3 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

YEA FOR YOU with the good news!! So now we'll start planning at least a weekend away for you to meet me.......what's your schedule like?? E-mail me, let me know what's up, we'll MAKE.A.PLAN. FUN TIMES!!! OMG, I'm all OLD today & I'm making fun plans...I wonder if my heart's good...........we shall see.

9:54 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Wow! That is an awesome gift! Does he have any extra he'd like to give to me? :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Tug said...

I just checked...my e-mail's working.....yet nothing from Cooth. sad day. ;-(

THANKS FOR THE CARD - YOU'RE AWESOME!!! Now come see me chickie.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home