Breeze on By

Everything's Sunny, Everything's Right, Yeah! Summer Days And Nights Just Breeze On By*

Friday, September 08, 2006

MishMash

Last night, my friend D took me and another friend, B, out on the river on her pontoon. It was just an awesome evening. It was hot yesterday, 89 degrees, so it was perfect for sitting in the middle of the Big Mo. No wind, very few bugs, good friends, good puppy, beautiful scenery....perfect. D was still nervous about her driving abilility, but she did everything right. And, we got to "tour" the new bridge under construction...interesting indeed.

Last Sunday, Kt and I were rebels. We grilled, two days before the burn ban was lifted. It was so nice outside on The Deck. We didn't want to go in, but Big Brother was on at 7 and it's all my fault that she is addicted to the show. What a dilemma. Inside for the show? Outside for the great weather? How about a compromise? Ok - we took the tv out to The Deck. Ate our grilled Buffalo burgers and watched BB. It doesn't get much better than that....

If you read my other blog, you know that I'm trying to give up Diet Coke. I'm doing really well...so far. This week I have had only two 20 oz bottles, one on Tuesday and one today....other than that, just one 12 ouncer the other 3 days. And the ones in my fridge....just about gone. So far, no headaches and today was the only time I have really, really wanted that 20 ouncer and gave in. I'm so easy, but---I did forget to grab one from the fridge, so was able to justify it.

Next week, final tests! Then two weeks off from school during which I will be taking 6 1/2 consecutive days off from work. Yippee! I have my school schedule for next quarter...I'm upping the class load from 2 to 3. ZOICKS! Monday's I'll have a history class - Pop culture and Social change, Tuesday's - Compensation and Benefits and Thursday's - introduction to Microcomputers. I think these will be good classes for me to make the transition to 3 classes. I'm pretty hip and with it and up on Pop Culture. I already work in payroll so I have a pretty good base knowledge for Comp & Ben. The computer class covers Excel (I use that everyday), Word (I use Word perfect mostly, but have used Word in the past), Access (I have used that with already established databases - so looking forward to learning how to make my own) and Power Point - time for this old techno-phobe to learn it.

Speaking of that....Tb has the computer up and running at home. I've played 2 games of freecell on it. He set up our user profiles. My password is themaid. What a shit.

And the biggest, bestest news of all!?!?! Tug and I are getting together in just 2 weeks! The Black Hills of South Dakota hasn't seen anything like this since the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally!! Can't wait to see her - The last time we were together was at another friend's wedding about 11 years ago? (I think it was '95? Tug??) WOOO HOOOOO!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

Holy shit.....yep, '94 or '95...we really need to track her down.

4:31 PM  
Blogger kT said...

I was totally trying to keep my pathetic BB obessions under wraps -- but thanks for "outing" me! Bitch!!!

(TV on The Deck does rock.)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Cooth said...

ooops. my bad.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home